- A mother called because her 18 year old son was dared to drink a bottle of hot sauce. He developed significant vomiting and diarrhea.
- A 1 year old licked his father’s deodorant stick.
- A 37 year old male inadvertently took two of his daughter’s Depakote tablets, thinking they were Tylenol.
- A 2 year old dipped her doll teacup into the toilet and drank the water. The toilet had a Vanish Drop-in® toilet refresher in the tank.
- Two children (age 7) were playing outside and each ate one dark purple berry from an unknown type of tree.
- An 18 month old sprayed Windex in his mouth.
- A mom called, concerned that her 15 year old daughter might be using drugs. She wanted to know what symptoms she should look for.
- The family is painting a bedroom and a 2 year old had a finger lick of latex paint.
- 3 year old child was playing with a water snake toy. The toy had sprung a leak and the child ingested some of the liquid from inside.
- A mom called because her 2 year old ingested some Nyquil. There was some left in the bottle, but not a full 15ml dose so caller had thrown the bottle in the bathroom garbage. The 2 year old dug out the bottle and ingested the remainder.
- While playing outside an 8 year old boy was bitten on his arm by a black snake with longitudinal yellow stripes.
- An adult was camping and used newspaper in lieu of toilet paper; called to see if newsprint is toxic rectally.
- A pediatrician’s office called about one of his patients who has a blood lead level of 62. He requested management recommendations for this patient.
- A 50 year old woman ingested an entire bottle of Ambien® along with an unknown quantity of wine after her son passed away unexpectedly.
- A father called after mixing up his 5 month old daughter’s ear and eye drops; he put eye drops in her ears.
***IPC specialists also made 12 calls to homes and hospitals to follow up on the clinical course of patients we had been previously consulted on.
This is only 1 hour of the day; click here to read the rest.