“How can I support the Illinois Poison Center? They’re so awesome!”
Well, I’m glad you asked! Help us help you keep your kids and communities safe from the dangers of potentially harmful substances.
As a 501c3 non-profit organization, we depend on the generosity and enthusiasm of Illinoisans like you to keep the lights on, the phones ringing (and answered, of course!), and the education rolling. Would you consider getting involved and supporting us in any of the following 9 ways?
- Become a fan on facebook. Lots of good conversations and practical tips to keep your family safe all year round.
- Get free training and educational/presentation materials! Learn all the basics of poison prevention in this quick, easy online, interactive course. Test your knowledge of everyday dangers in your home! After completing the course, you’ll have unlimited access to free poison prevention materials and presentation tools to share with family, friends, community and coworkers.
- Have you ever called our 1-800 number and been helped by our staff? Share your experience, complete a caller satisfaction survey, complete the healthcare professionals survey and/or write it on our facebook wall.
- Contact your representative by clicking here. This tells them how the Illinois Poison Center saves the lives of so many citizens in Illinois and saves the state roughly $50 million dollars in unnecessary medical costs. Every $1 spent on poison control saves roughly $7. Like they say, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of treatment.
- Donate directly to the Illinois Poison Center. Every little bit helps. Would your employer be interested in making a donation? Contact Gail Moran at gmoran at ilpoison dot org.
- Request a complimentary packet for you or someone you know.
- Shop or search online at 1,000+ stores and the Illinois Poison Center gets a percentage of everything you spend (at no cost to you). In fact, you can even help us by simply doing searches online.
- Tell your friends about us! Ask them to check out our blog, engage with our facebook community, or stalk us on twitter. Speaking of which…
- Follow us on Twitter - we’ll post interesting links, practical tips, and occasional bizarre/interesting facts about potentially poisonous substances. After all, just about anything can be poisonous if not used appropriately…the dosage makes it so.
Thanks again for helping us create safe home, work and play environments!