- A 3 year old child ingested a mouthful of calamine lotion.
- A 2 year old got into grandmother’s pill box and may have ingested up to one each of lisinopril, prednisone and atorvastatin.
- A 26 year old female accidentally discharged her pepper spray that was on her keychain into her face.
- A teacher called after she had been exposed to fire extinguisher dust. One of the high school students sprayed the fire extinguisher as a prank and she inhaled some of the dust.
- An ambulance called while en route to an ER with a 14 month old in severe respiratory distress after taking a drink of, and aspirating, lamp oil.
- A toddler was found sucking on the brush of Fungi-Cure antifungal liquid.
- A 3 year old has smeared Neosporin ointment all of his face and hands and may have gotten some in his eyes.
- A 2 year old male ingested one of his mother’s birth control pills.
- A husband called for himself and his wife. They ate dinner at a local restaurant last night and both have been experiencing vomiting and diarrhea; they believe they have food poisoning.
- A concerned father called because the exterminator was scheduled to spray for bugs at his home and he wondered if he should move his family to a hotel for the night.
- A 3 year old male ingested up to 2 Viagra 100mg tablets belonging to his grandfather.
- A 22 year old has taken up to 30 acetaminophen tablets and up to 20 Vicodin tablets in a self harm gesture.
- An ICU called because they have just admitted a patient who has taken 60 Wellbutrin XR tablets and has had numerous seizures.
***IPC specialists also made 9 calls to homes and hospitals to follow up on the clinical course of patients we had been previously consulted on.
This is just one hour, read the rest of the cases from the 24 hour day (links below). Prevention is priceless! Click here for free online poison prevention education course and/or educational materials.