- A 38 year old woman got out of the shower, did not have her glasses on and reached for her aerosol spray deodorant but instead used Scrubbing Bubbles.
- A 23 year old female was brought to the ER after confessing to her mother that she had ingested several handfuls of her medication.
- A 32 year old man called because he reached into the medicine cabinet to take his allergy pill and inadvertently grabbed a bottle of old pain medication. He knows this medicine makes him very groggy and he works nights at a factory. He is about to leave for work and wonders what he can do to counteract the effects.
- A 35 year old man spilled a gallon of paint thinner in his lap. He is experiencing extreme pain and some skin peeling in his groin area.
- A caller stated that his downstairs neighbors had their wood floors stained today and the smell has been giving him a headache.
- An adult woman called because she had a glass of milk and when she got to the bottom of the glass, she noticed several granules of dishwasher detergent.
- An ER physician called for treatment advice regarding a 14 year old that ingested an unknown amount of over-the-counter analgesic. She is refusing to tell him exactly what she took.
- An adult female caller wanted to know what the symptoms of heroin withdrawal are and if they are life threatening.
- A mother called after the dog got into her 6 year old’s bedroom; the dog had a gel anti-flea product applied on his head and it had gotten all over her child and the child’s bed.
- A mother called because both she and her husband gave her infant daughter a dose of children’s ibuprofen within an hour of each other.
- An ER nurse called about a 56 year old patient who ingested an unknown amount of Flexeril.
- A 36 year old woman called to ask if over-the-counter cough syrup could be causing her blurry vision.
***IPC specialists also made 5 calls to homes and hospitals to follow up on the clinical course of patients we had been previously consulted on.
This is just one hour, read the rest of the cases from the 24 hour day (links below). Prevention is priceless! Click here for free online poison prevention education course and/or educational materials.