- A 3 year old child ingested an entire roll of Rolaids.®
- An 18 month old child was found sucking on the wick of a oil-based plug-in air freshener.
- An adult male called because he mixed up his medication and took two of his hydrochlorothiazide tablets.
- While crawling in the kitchen, a 1 year old had a finger lick of dishwasher detergent.
- A mom called because both she and her husband gave their daughter her morning medicine.
- A 30 year old male was bitten by an unknown type of spider.
- A mom called because her 11 month old son, while crawling around on the floor, ate the dog’s pill the dog had spit out.
- After grocery shopping last night, a caller forgot to put a large roast in the refrigerator; she asked if is okay to eat since it has been out all night.
- A toddler ingested a fingerful of Vaseline.
- An ER called regarding a 50 year old woman who ingested an unknown amount of tramadol and Depakote® the night before. She is minimally responsive and family reports that she possibly had a seizure.
*** IPC specialists also made 14 calls to homes and hospitals to follow up on the clinical course of patients we had been consulted on.
This is only 1 hour of the day; click here to read the rest.