- A 14 month old child took a bite out of his mother’s deodorant stick. Mom was able to remove most of the material from his mouth but he swallowed some.
- A 2 year old child ingested an unknown amount of gummy vitamins.
- A 60 year old female mixed up her insulin and took 20 units of her quick acting insulin when she should have taken 20 units of her long acting insulin. She normally only takes 10 units of her quick acting insulin.
- An adolescent was given his Adderall twice in one morning, once by each parent.
- A middle aged woman called; she inadvertently took one pill of her husband’s heart medication thinking it was a vitamin.
- A caller dropped and broke an old mercury fever thermometer on her hardwood floor and wondered what she should do to clean it up.
***In addition, IPC specialists also made 4 calls to homes and hospitals to follow up on the clinical course of patients we had been consulted on previously.
This is only one hour of the day; read the rest here.