- A 2 year old ingested a mouthful of hand sanitizer.
- A 3 year old child ingested a swallow of calamine lotion.
- A 2 year old got into grandmother’s pill box and may have ingested up to one each of lisinopril, prednisone and atorvastatin.
- A 26 year old female accidentally discharged her pepper spray that was on her keychain into her face.
- A teacher called after she had been exposed to fire extinguisher dust. One of the high school students sprayed the fire extinguisher as a prank and she inhaled some of the dust.
- An ambulance called while en route to an emergency room with a 14 month old in severe respiratory distress after taking a drink of, and aspirating, lamp oil.
- A toddler was found sucking on the brush of Fungi-Cure antifungal liquid.
- A 3 year old has smeared Neosporin ointment all of his face and hands and may have gotten some in his eyes.
- A 2 year old male ingested one of his mother’s birth control pills.
- A 13 month old was found sucking on a Clorox disinfecting wipe.
- A husband called for himself and his wife. They ate dinner at a local restaurant last night and both have been experiencing vomiting and diarrhea; they believe they have food poisoning.
- Caller is considering asking her physician for a prescription for Latisse®, wondering what the side effects or possible complications are.
- A concerned father called because the exterminator was scheduled to spray for bugs at his home and he wondered if he should move his family to a hotel for the night.
- A 3 year old male ingested up to 2 Viagra® 100mg tablets belonging to his grandfather.
- A 22 year old has taken up to 30 acetaminophen tablets and up to 20 Vicodin tablets in a self harm gesture.
***IPC specialists also made 8 calls to homes and hospitals to follow up on the clinical course of patients we had been consulted on.
This is only 1 hour of the day; click here to read the rest.