- A 1 year old child scraped some soap off a bar of soap with her teeth.
- An elderly man called because a drain opener splashed into his eyes when he poured it into a clogged drain.
- A 3 year old child was playing with nail polish, and put it on her lips like lipstick.
- A 3 year old child was found eating rat poison pellets. (They are a bright teal color) He told his mom, ‘candy!’
- While crawling around at home, an 11 month old got into the cat litter box and may have ingested litter and/or cat feces.
- A man called because the coffee he purchased at his local gas station tasted like cleaning chemicals. He was worried about what he may have ingested.
- The county medical examiner called wanting to know if inhaling Orange Glo® can cause death.
- A caller was concerned about the recent Tylenol® recall and had questions about what to do with her bottle.
- A 5 year old accidentally super glued his finger in his nose.
- A 13 month old was found sucking on a Clorox disinfecting wipe.
- A 2 year old child bit into his older sibling’s Strattera tablet. Mom was able to remove half a pill from his mouth.
- A farmer presented to the emergency room after inadvertently sticking himself with a syringe containing a pig vaccine.
- A 2 year old ingested a mouthful of hydrogen peroxide.
- A toddler got into grandma’s pill box and there is one oxycodone tablet and 2 glipizide tablets missing.
- A school nurse called because a 16 year old high school student spilled sodium hydroxide onto her arm during a chemistry experiment.
***IPC specialists also made 19 calls to homes and hospitals to follow up on the clinical course of patients we had already been consulted on.
This is just 1 hour of the day; click here to read the rest.